Denmead Parish Council
The next development proposal to affect much of our local area is likely to be an infrastructure project led by AQUIND limited.
AQUIND delivered a presentation at Denmead Parish Council's Planning Committee meeting on Wednesday 6th March 2019 in Ashling Pavilion. CLICK HERE for more information. Councillors and residents were also given the opportunity to ask questions and express their concerns. To read the Minutes taken from the Planning Committee meeting, CLICK HERE.
To view AQUIND's responses to Denmead Parish Councillors' list of questions, CLICK HERE.
To view AQUIND's additional and amended responses to Denmead Parish Councillors' list of questions, CLICK HERE.
The concept, according to AQUIND, is that by connecting the French and UK grids, both countries can balance supply and demand by reducing the risk of loss of power. It is estimated the Interconnector could become operational by 2022.
If residents have received correspondence directly from AQUIND, such as the Land Interest Questionnaire, or if they have any concerns in relation to this 'Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project' (NSIP) affecting Denmead, they have been advised by AQUIND to contact them directly. WSP's Land Referencing Team can be contacted via tel: 020 3116 9389 or by emailing email@example.com or accessing information on their website at https://aquindconsultation.co.uk/
A document produced by AQUIND called the Non-Technical Summary, provides information which includes the potential environmental impacts from the installation of the interconnector. Click on this link
- The ecology works are still continuing as there has still been evidence of slow worms and great crested newts present in the area. These species have been appropriately trapped. As legislation requires 5 clear days of negative results, ecology investigations will continue until such time. The next stage is to flail the grass down to 15cm, which is currently 1m high, to check for any wildlife. The Ecologist would then inspect over a 2-3week period in preparation of clearance.
- Archaeological work was conducted at the front of the site but nothing significant had been found.
- Work has commenced in relation to the preparation of foundations for the first plots. For all deliveries, contractors have been instructed to use the B2150 route towards Hambledon Road and any deliveries arriving on site will be stored on the Anmore Road Car park.
- Highways works will commence on Monday 17th June in relation to Southern Water connections along Anmore Road. Traffic calming measures will be implemented but further information will be provided in due course.
- At the end of July, Gas and Electricity connections will be installed to the sites. The footpath adjacent to the power supply cabinet will be closed for approximately 10 days.
- On Friday 5th July, 150 children from Denmead Primary School will be attending a site visit.
It is predicted that the first occupation is anticipated in November / December with the whole build estimated to be finishing by 2021.
Denmead Parish Council will be informed by the Developer of any possible temporary road disruption. We will endeavour to keep our residents informed accordingly.
Safer Neighbourhoods Panel
The Safer Neighbourhoods Panel held its meeting on Thursday 25th April 2019 in the Barn Green Room at The Old School, School Lane, Denmead.
Both Councillors and members of the public were given the opportunity to raise questions and comments to Denmead's Neighbourhood Sergeant and PCSO, who provide visible policing presence and support in Denmead.
To read the notes taken from the meeting, CLICK HERE.
Summer Evening Walks
A total of 15 walks are planned for each Tuesday evening from the 14th May until the third week in August details of which can be obtained by CLICKING HERE.
These well-supported romps from various venues in the area are open to everyone and a warm welcome awaits new walkers to the group.
Any queries and further details can be obtained by contacting Denmead Parish Council office on telelphone 023 92247947